Friday, November 13, 2009

Baby Love


I'm about to start in on designing a quilt for the Baby Love Collection by RJR. There is a pillow panel which allows you to write in details about the baby's birth. A very special keepsake, which can be turned into a pillow as you see here, or can be integrated into the back of a special quilt.
What we loved about the collection was its vintage appeal, and its nautical prints, with sailboats and soft blue and yellow colors for boys and pinks for girls. Having grown up around the sea, Ingrid and I both fell for it big time.
I've laid out my quilt design on EQ and now I am about to start in on the cutting.
Wish me luck. It's the first quilt I've worked on since shoulder surgery last Friday, so I hope I don't encounter any problems. I figure if I can type on the laptop, I can stitch on the sewing machine, right?
I'm going to blog a bit over the weekend to keep you posted on how the quilt is going. I'm anxious to see how you like my design! Ingrid will be adding the fabrics from this collection to the web site this weekend. Watch for them!
Have a great weekend and a LUCKY Friday the 13th!
Lisa

No comments: